This isn’t Iowa. This is El Paso, and we’re warming up for the seventh annual Plaza Classic Film Festival with a special showing of “Field of Dreams” at 8 p.m. today at Southwest University Park, the sparkling new home of the El Paso Chihuahuas.
The El Paso Community Foundation and the Chihuahuas welcome you to tonight’s special presentation. Check out the stadium, watch a movie, have a hot dog — and have fun!
A few things you should know:
• The box office opens at 6:30 p.m.
• Doors open at 7 p.m. Entry will be at the Santa Fe Street gate (south of the box office) and the Durango Street gate.
• Seating will be on the third base side of the field, which offers the best shot of the HD scoreboard, where the movie will be projected. THERE IS NO SEATING ON THE FIELD.
• The program starts at 8 p.m. There will be a few announcements, then the movie.
• Tickets are $5 at the door, $6 at plazaclassic.com and with a credit card. A 2014 Festival Pass will get you in the doors (no ticket required; just show your pass).
Call 915-533-4020 if you have any questions.
See you at the ball game, er, movie!