Local Flavor submissions are now open for the 7th Annual Plaza Classic Film Festival, to be held August 7-17, 2014. The deadline for submissions is Aug. 1, 2014.
The Plaza Classic Film Festival is one of the southwest’s most renowned festivals for independent cinema in the region. The Plaza Classic Film Festival showcases more than 50 independent, international, animated, documentary, and short films in its Local Flavor film series.
Film Submission Guidelines
- There is no submission fee for the Plaza Classic Film Festivals. IT’S FREE!
- This is a selection based, non-competition film festival.
- Films may not have been screened at previous Plaza Classic Film Festivals.
- All types of films are eligible for submission: narrative, animation, documentary, experimental, silent, music video, etc.
- The Plaza Classic Film Festival chooses films based on quality, creativity, and originality.
- The deadline dates are not postmark deadlines. Films must arrive at our offices on DVD or Blu-Ray, or be uploaded on Vimeo (we need your ID and password) by 11:59 p.m. the day of the deadline.
- We encourage password-protected Vimeo link submissions.
- Eligible works must have been completed after January 1, 2012.
- There are NO restrictions on feature films that have premiered at other film festivals.
- Feature films selected for inclusion in the festival will be presented in the El Paso Community Foundation’s Foundation Room, 333 N. Oregon, or the Philanthropy Theatre, adjacent to the Plaza Theatre.
- Our exhibition format during the festival is HD Digital Files.
- We DO NOT accept Works-in-Progress for consideration.
- If you plan to ship us a DVD, then please ship your DVD discs in paper sleeves. Please submit three (3) copies of your entry. Each entry must be clearly labeled. DVDs will not be returned.
- By submitting your work to the Plaza Classic Film Festival, you give the festival permission to screen the submission and allow use of the film for any and all promotional means.
You can submit your films online via Vimeo and our online form below or complete the downloadable Local Flavor submission form.
If you will be mailing your entries rather than submitting online, please provide us with at least three (3) DVDs or Blu-rays of your work, labeled with the film’s name, director, contact info, aspect ratio and run time. DVDs will not be returned.
Print and Mail your DVD submissions to:
Plaza Classic Film Festival
Local Flavor Series
c/o El Paso Community Foundation
P.O. Box 272
El Paso, TX 79943
For any questions regarding submissions, please email the Plaza Classic Film Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.